This is more of an experience than a tour. Four major conductors in the UGRR, dress in character and walk you through the city’s major locations, where, in the 1840s and 50s, was a hotbed of abolitionist sentiment and where thousands of fugitive slaves were spirited in secret to various “stops,” then onto awaiting boats to take them to freedom—less than a mile away in Windsor, Ontario. I’m a native Detroiter and this was my second time on the tour; it was that good! Read more
Holly Jolly Holiday Lights Bus Tour
See Detroit’s best holiday decorations
Onboard carolers leading you in song
Travel via comfortable, warm motorcoach
Enjoy seeing Detroit lit for the holidays and leave the driving to us! Create special holiday memories aboard our comfy, cozy motorcoach and visit several spectacular light installations and seasonally decorated attractions. This fun and festive 4-hour Holly Jolly Lights Tour allows for ample time at each location.
Campus Martius + Detroit’s best holiday decorations
4 hours of holiday merry & memory making
$10 food voucher @ Detroit Shipping Company
Click the tabs to find out more
6% booking fee for orders booked online. (Booking fee waived for tickets purchased via phone)
15819 Southfield Rd, Allen Park
Great Lakes Ace Hardware parking lot – park away from store and near Southfield Road
Fridays: Dec 16 – 1 night only!
- Holiday treat
- $10 food voucher at Detroit Shipping Company
- Gift purchases at various stops aren’t included in the ticket price so remember to bring spending money.
What to bring
- Water or non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic or non-breakable container.
- Dress for the weather as we get off the bus at each location.
- Spending money.
Good to know
Dress for the weather! We get off the bus at the different parks where you’ll spend 30 minutes or more on your own.
This is NOT a “Bring Your Own Booze” bus tour due to insurance. (Drinks can be purchased at various stops).
Enjoy seeing Detroit lit for the holiday season – the best time of the year – and leave the driving to us! Create special holiday memories aboard our comfy, cozy motorcoach and visit several spectacular light installations and seasonally decorated attractions. This fun and festive 4-hour Holly Jolly Lights Tour allows for ample time at each location.
Onboard singers kick off the holiday cheer as we carol merrily to and from downtown and to different destinations. Curbside dropoff at the various attractions allow you to enjoy this holiday outing with friends/family without worrying about where to park.
Get out your ugly sweaters, antler ears, Santa hats, etc. and celebrate this most magical time of the year. Prizes awarded to those best repping this holly, jolly time of year.
What’s in store on this holiday tour:
- Photo ops in front of the elegant Christmas tree inside the magnificent Fisher Building.
- Food and beverage break at the Detroit Shipping Company, a food hall/beer garden/bar constructed from shipping containers. Seating in the Winter Lodge, main floor, outdoor tent, Detroit’s tiniest dive bar, and little nooks throughout. (45 minute stop* / $10 food voucher included in ticket price)
- Play time at Campus Martius where you’ll find Detroit’s dramatic Christmas tree illuminated with 1000s of LED lights serving as the anchor for a plethora of activities. Stroll around and take in the sights, enjoy carriage rides or ice skating at the iconic outdoor rink, shopping at Cadillac Markets, playing games and sliding down the Arctic Slide at Monroe Street Midway or escaping to the Cadillac Lodge for food and drink. (1 hour stop*)
- Plenty of photo ops at Beacon Park where you’ll find the brightly shining children’s tree and other photo-worthy light installations. (30 minute stop*)
- Warm up along the Detroit River with hot toddies or hot cocoa at Robert C. Valade Park where outdoor fireplaces and s’mores roasting-hand warming stations create toasty winter memories. (30 minute stop*)
- View cute and quaint Corktown cottages decked out in their seasonal finery as the owners compete in the annual Corktown Holiday Decorating Contest.
Note: *Times are estimates and may need to be adjusted (lengthened/shortened) based on weather and other circumstances beyond our control.
Check out what our guests are saying
Nancy was our guide for the See the D tour. We decided to take a visiting out-of-town relative down to Detroit, but realized we didn’t know much about it despite having lived here all of our lives. Nancy was extremely informative and accommodating. Read more
To be honest, I didn’t have the best impression of Detroit before visiting but Pat at City Tour Detroit changed all that! She was a wonderful tour guide that had so much passion and love of Detroit…it was definitely contagious! I learned so much from her — she had great facts about all the locations we visited. 10/10 Read more
My girlfriend and I took a trip to Detroit and reserved The see the D tour. Our guide Nancy did a great job. She covered a wide range of topics and made the city feel very unique. Read more
This was a very fun activity to enjoy downtown Detroit. The stories are interesting and some are quite grim. I think that much of the enjoyment is dependent upon how well the group interacts and plays along with the tour guide. This 2.5 hr tour on foot is very easy to walk. Read more